State Current Affairs - March 2016
- The University of Hyderabad is planning major reforms in the examination system to make things easier for Dalit students who come from a difficult background.
The decisions of proctorial board are generally tough to review in any university. They want to provide another window to settle any issue in a student-friendly manner
The boats can accommodate Maximum 15 members per trip with a charge of Rs. 100 per head.
- Vizag has all the advantages to become a major manufacturing hub in Make in India campaign.
There is no land problem for industry, as more than 9,000 acres was available and some more would be acquired near Anakapally for future needs.
- The Centre has agreed to provide financial assistance to five irrigation projects in Telangana under Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme (AIBP) and the newly-launched PMKSY (Pradhan Manthri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana)
The Union Minister was requested to increase funding under Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme from the present 25 to 60 per cent of the total cost of the each project.
- Andhra Pradesh is on course to adding about 619 Mega Watts of solar energy by month of April, thereby taking the total installed capacity past the 1000 MW.
- The State has initiated three major projects under the solar parks initiative, two of them of 1000 MW each taken up by NTPC in Kurnool and Anantapuram districts respectively, and another 500 MW solar project of AP Genco.
- Telangana and Maharashtra sign historic pacts on water sharing on March 9th. Both states are agreed to construct five barrages to share water for irrigation. Maharashtra and Telangana governments have signed a MoU for the construction of five barrages on Godavari and Penganga rivers.
- The Telangana government is targeting a growth rate of 15% in the GSDP (Gross State Domestic Product) in 2016-17.
- The State's economy was expected to grow at 11.7% in 2015-16 as per the Advanced Estimates of Gross State Domestic Product.
- Andhra Pradesh has provided Rs. 1,500 cr for development of the Greenfield capital city of Amaravati towards seed equity of the State government.
- Telangana budget focuses on irrigation, to spend almost Rs. 26,000 crore.
- Eatala Rajender Telangana Finance Minister presented a budget with an outlay of Rs. 1,30,415 crore for the financial year 2016-17 on March 13th with bulk of allocations going for the irrigation sector.
- The budget size last year was Rs. 1,15,000 crore.
- The government of Andhra Pradesh is planning to provide broadband connectivity to all homes and the first phase of the project is to be launched on March 15th.
- The infrastructure to offer broadband connectivity will be available in Srikakulam, Visakhapatnam and Vizianagaram districts with completion of cable-laying work.
- Under this project, 15 Mbps broadband connection will be provided at Rs. 149 per month for households and 100 Mbps for offices at Rs. 999.
- The five-day India Aviation meet begins in Hyderabad at March 16th, with global players keen on expanding their presence in the country.
- Amazon has offered help to State of Andhra Pradesh in building start-up ecosystem in the new State.
- Global e-commerce major Amazon Web Services (AWS) Managing Director Peter Moore held a meeting with Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu to explore opportunities for business.
- Desmi Technology a leading international manufacturer of pumps and solutions plans to set up a plant on the outskirts of Hyderabad on March 19th.
- Desmi Technology headed by its CEO Henrik Knudsen and Lars Boldt Rasmussen called on the Telangana Industries Minister J. Krishna Rao in the Secretariat and conveyed its interest to start a plant in Hyderabad.
- Desmi Technology operating in India for the last three years as a Liaison office.
- Telanganites from across the globe will participate in the first ever Global Telangana Convention to be held at Dallas, Texas from 3rd june to 5th June.
- Organised by the Telangana Development Forum (TDF) About 5,000 people from across the globe are expected to participate in the event.
- Delegates showing interest to attend this leadership summit from all over US, Canada, UK, Israel, Australia and Gulf countries.
- Amusement park operator Wonderla Holidays Limited is set to commission its Hyderabad amusement park developed near the Hyderabad international airport with an outlay of Rs. 250 crore.
- This park will have the capacity to entertain over 10,000 people daily.
- Infosys founder Narayana Murthy will formally release the ICT Policy of Telangana for the Information and Communication Technology policy held at Hyderabad International Convention Centre (HICC).